Click Here to Take the Quiz
1. Generally, do you tend to trust or distrust government's ability to solve problems?
2. Which do you trust more:
The Pentagon or
The U.S. Postal Service?
The executive branch or
The legislative branch?
The FBI or
The CIA or
The Peace Corps?
The Joint Chiefs or
The United Nations?
3. What about private institutions and people? Which do you trust more?
Trial Lawyers or
Union leaders or
Professional athletes or
4. The federal government should do more to solve the nation's problems even if it means higher taxes on (pick as many as you want.):
The Middle Class
5. Where should government be cut? (pick as many as you want.)
Eliminate farm subsidies
Eliminate subsidies to the arts
Abolish public broadcasting
Cut entitlement programs (Social Security, Medicaid, etc.)
Cut defense spending
Reduce welfare spending
Reduce foreign aid
Keep illegal immigrants from receiving public education
Reduce environmental regulation
Don't cut at all
6. Which would do more to guarantee competitive elections?
7. Who was a better president?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
(Too bad neither were any good.)
8. Do you see the ideal America as an ethnic "melting pot" in which religious, cultural and ethnic distinctions are blurred, or as a nation in which ethnically diverse groups ought to coexist while retaining their cultural identity?
9. Whose political views do you consider more extreme, those of (former) Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders or the Rev. Pat Robertson?
10. Which would curb violent crime most?
Stricter controls on the sale of guns
Mandatory sentences for those who use guns in the commission of a crime
11. In the long run, do you think we can reduce crime more by building more prisons or providing more financial assistance to rebuilding our inner cities?
12. Even if it means cutting programs, spending must be cut to reduce the federal deficit.
13. The federal government is too big.
14. U.S. interests are more seriously at stake in Haiti than they are in Korea.
15. Gays and lesbians should be able to marry or at least be treated as married under law if they so desire.
16. The news media is dominated by liberals.
17. The religious right is a threat to our political system.
18. The federal government should include funds to make abortion services part of any standard benefits package in health care reform.
19. Deceptive political campain commercials should be banned.
20. Graphic pornography should be banned.
21. As a society, we should spend more money trying to find a cure for AIDS than for cancer and heart disease because AIDS threatens younger people.
22. Talk radio shows should be regulated to ensure both sides of a debate are represented, because talk radio has an unhealthy impact on the political process.
23. The breakdown of the traditional family is the most serious domestic crisis facing our society.
24. Women and racial minorities should be given preferences in hiring until we achieve true gender and racial equality in America.
25. Certain environmental problems call for government action, even if it means new programs or increased taxes.
0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40
< 100% Liberal 100% Conservative >
Your Score: 26